Dress and Grooming
The district's dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevents disruption, and minimizes safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student's personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:
- Students should be dressed and groomed in a manner that is cleaned and neat and that will not be a health or safety hazard to themselves or others.
The district prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal's judgment may reasonably be expected to cause disruption of or interference with normal school operations
- The district prohibits, pictures, emblems , or writings on clothing that:
- Are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
2.Advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other substance prohibited under FNCF (LEGAL)
The student and parent may determine the student's personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the general guidelines set out above and with the student dress code outlined in the student handbook.
The principal, in cooperation with the sponsor, coach, or other person in charge of an extracurricular activity, may regulate the dress and grooming of students who participate in the activity. Students who violate dress and grooming standards established for such as an activity may be removed or excluded from the activity for a period determined by the principal or sponsor and may be subject to other disciplinary action, as specified in the Student Code of Conduct.
Kilgore Middle School 2016-2017 Dress Code:
The district's dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student's personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:
- General Guidelines:
- All forms of headgear (hats, caps, headbands, bandanas, hoods, etc.) are not acceptable. Such items, if worn, if worn in the building, will be confiscated.
- Sunglasses will not be worn inside any buildings or classes (including on one's head) except by written order of a physician.
- Tattoos must be covered by clothing
- Bandanas and any gang related items are prohibited.
- Male students are not allowed to wear earrings or other objects to keep pierced hole open, even if covered by a bandage or tape. All other body piercing except females' ears are prohibited.
- Hair must be of a natural color (black, brown ,blonde, red).
- Choker collars( i.e. dog collars with spikes or studs) and spiked bracelets are prohibited.
- Exposed chains other than small necklace are not allowed
- Hair must be neat, clean and well groomed. It should not cover the eyes or be unnaturally painted/colored/dyed (blue, green, etc.)or styled in any way which attracts undue attention. (Ex. spiked hair in excess of 2" in length, Mohawk, hair carvings, distracting colors, etc.) no type of head covering may be worn inside the building.
- All shirts/blouses/dresses will have sleeves. NO sleeveless shirts/blouses/dresses will be allowed